(BFF) is a rapidly growing, private-equity financed, greenhouse company. As a developer, owner and operator of state-of-the art greenhouse facilities, BFF strives to provide local, sustainable, year-round product at scale to our customers. John and David started BFF with the goal of becoming the largest grower of CEA lettuce in America, while building a company that treats everyone like part of the family.
BFF is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Maintenance Technician to perform maintenance for our 10-acre lettuce greenhouse in Louisa, VA. This person will also lead and manage a small team of maintenance technicians. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in maintaining and reparing equipment with skills in technical trades (e.g. plumbing/irrigation, electrical, mechanical and/or HVAC). As the Senior Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for overseeing preventative maintenance, general facility maintenance, and occasional emergency repairs to enable the continuous operation of our greenhouse facility. The Senior Maintenance Technician will report to the Virginia Farm General Manager and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team.
In addition, prior to the start of growing operations, the Senior Maintenance Technician will support the installation of numerous high-tech growing and packing systems to become familiar with these systems for future maintenance. The technician may also visit partner operations to better understand how to maintain these high tech systems, and participate in hands on equipment manufacturer training during commissioning.
- Oversee the maintenance of all greenhouse equipment and systems
- Coordinate with outside contractors as needed for maintenance and repairs
- Develop and oversee preventative maintenance program
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repairs
- Train and supervise a small team of maintenance technicians
- Continuously evaluate and improve maintenance processes
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with equipment and systems