Firefly Fiber Broadband, a Subsidiary of CVEC (Central Virginia Electric Cooperative), is looking for an experienced Customer Service Representative to join our team as we continue to build a "world class" gigabit fiber to the home (FTTH) network in the CVEC service territory and beyond.
The CSR position communicates with Firefly Fiber Broadband internet and telephone customers regarding inquiries, billing and technical questions about Firefly's products and services, and engage in need-based selling practices. Customer Service Representatives (CSR) process sales orders and change of service requests, billing concerns, and service issues. Ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty by consulting with customers, assisting customers, and resolving a wide variety of customer requests, inquiries, and complaints. Identifies customer needs and sales opportunities and provides information about high-speed data to proactively sell and retain services and products tailored to customer's needs. CSR's interact with dispatch and field operations team on network connection, service installation and in-home appointment scheduling.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Resolves customer questions and concerns effectively and efficiently by actively listening, communicating clearly and concisely, and assuring customer understanding.
- Processes installation, service change, disconnect and trouble call work orders according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides dispatch desk services, such as answering initial service calls and routing service call in the software system.
- Resolves problems on the first call with a minimum of transfers by consistently improving personal technical knowledge and understanding.
- Resolves billing and payment issues
- Identifies customers' needs and interests and offers additional products and services that benefit the customer and increase customer value.
- Effectively demonstrate Firefly products and services to existing and potential customers by explaining features and benefits verses our competitors.
- Creates and keeps accurate records of customer's accounts.
- Coordinate with 3rd party technical support staff, promptly responding to service referrals via email or ticketing systems.
- Work with billing and appointment scheduling systems
- Attain monthly key performance indicators (KPIs) in sales and retention, customer satisfaction, customer experience (NPS), QA scores and schedule adherence.
- Handles sales orders and change of service requests.
- Support the Customer Experience Manager with special assigned projects, departmental goals, and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Effectively handles high volume of inbound and outbound calls and emails without sacrificing quality.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies, and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a Customer Service or Call Center environment; familiarity with telecommunications such as cable, wireless, internet or VoIP preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including documents, spreadsheets, presentations and online collaboration tools required.
- Familiarity with online billing or customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Proven ability to multi-task and plan/organize work with a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to effectively deal with people in difficult or stressful situations.
- Proven ability to handle inbound and outbound calls and emails
Annual Salary Range: $43,000 - $54,000 - Based upon qualifications and experience.
CVSI Firefly Fiber Broadband offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Life & Disability Insurances, Elective and Non-Elective 401k Retirement Plan; along with Generous Annual Paid Time Off.
CVSI/Firefly is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Firefly is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Firefly will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender expression), national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, family, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer: Disability/Veteran
Firefly reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
Only qualified electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: HR@mycvec.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.