CVEC (Central VA Electric Cooperative) is seeking a Working Foreman in our Palmyra VA, division. This is an opportunity for an experienced Journeyman/Line Tech who is proficient in all aspects and job duties of a Journeyman/Line Tech. In addition to being an exemplary Journeyman/Line Tech., this position requires a hands-on supervisor, effective in the supervision involved in the installation, rearrangement, operation, maintenance and removal of electrical transmission and distribution facilities. All work must be performed in accordance with CVEC safety rules and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following list sets forth the principal duties required for the job. Employee may perform miscellaneous, related and incidental work in addition to that specifically outlined below.
Ensures that subordinates strictly adhere to safe Cooperative work practices and policies to maintain a safe work environment for all.
Leads other Lineman through personal example by maintaining standards of professional conduct and work ethic consistent with Cooperative principals.
Plans and coordinates assigned jobs and directs their crew in completion of routine maintenance, construction and emergency repair of distribution and transmission lines.
Lead and participate in On-The-Job training for apprentice line technicians to ensure they are exposed to and familiar with all aspects of distribution high voltage work.
Responsible for ensuring all CVEC tools and equipment assigned to their crew is operated as designed and is being used appropriately.
Collaborates with other Foreman and the Superintendent to aide in evaluating subordinate Lineman.
Maintenance, construction and repair of distribution and transmission facilities.
Directs or supervises work of subordinate line crew personnel. May assume the responsibilities of the Division Superintendent in their absence.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Approximately 6 years experience in line work, with sufficient tenure as Journeyman Line Technician to obtain the required skill and knowledge in performance of the job.
Qualification through examination and performance appraisal as determined by the Company.
Must be able to complete Supervisory Coursework with NRECA or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of the Company standards applying to employee's work.
- Thorough knowledge of blueprint reading sufficient to interpret and apply information from drawings, instruction manuals and one-line diagrams etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the territory in which employee operates, the Company facilities therein, and the principal customers' connections thereto.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to interact with customers and other employees in a courteous and proper manner.
- Ability to plan work and to properly instruct others.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Must be available for planned and emergency overtime as required.
May be required to be available for on-call rotation.
Must live within 30 driving miles of Cooperative office.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must maintain a valid Class A Commercial Drivers license.
- Must be certified in First Aid / CPR / AED, VDOT Workzone Safety, Pole top, and bucket truck rescue, fork lift certification.