Louisa County Reentry Council Chair/ Case Manager Louisa, VA.
The Louisa County Reentry Council is accepting applications for the part-time position of Chair of the Louisa County Reentry Council and Case Manager. If you are passionate about making a difference in people's lives and possess the necessary skills and qualifications, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding position.
The Reentry Council is composed of individuals, and organizations that collaborate in meeting basic needs of former incarcerated individuals returning to Louisa County. In this dual service position, the Chair hosts the Councils’ monthly meetings and works with individuals/agencies to speak on a variety of topics pertinent to Reentry. As a Case Manager, you will play a crucial role in coordinating and assisting participants. The Case Manager works with returning participants to identify their needs and develops an individual action plan to help them to assimilate back into society
The successful applicant will report directly to the Louisa County Board of Supervisors and the County Administrator.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Hosts and chairs the Councils’ monthly meetings and works with individuals/agencies to speak on a variety of topics pertinent to Reentry.
- Performs an initial intake discussion with participants.
- Meets with the participants on a regular basis to provide assistance to the participant where needed.
- Works with returning participants to identify their needs and develops an individual action plan to help them to assimilate back into society.
- Assists participants with acquiring employment, transportation, substance abuse/mental health services as appropriate.
- Serves as a mentoring and personal/professional coach for participants.
- attends various meetings such as Louisa Interagency Council, Crisis Intervention Team, Other Reentry Councils, and other Community Events.
- Additional responsibilities include grant writing & payment of bills and annual funding requests.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- This position requires communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with various departments and agencies in Health and Human Services, Social Services, Correctional Facilities, Parole and Probation and Mental Health Facilities. This position is multifaceted in that the person is both the Chair of the Louisa County Reentry Council and is a Case Manager.
Education, Experience and Training
- Candidates must have a minimum of a high school degree and with college courses in such as psychology, criminal justice, social work or education preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with the hard to serve and people with a variety of economic and diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Hiring Information
This position is a part-time, independent contractor to Louisa County funded at 25 hours per week for $18 an hour.
- Environmental: Work is typically performed in an indoor setting. The department is currently open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. This position may require a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the Department and the County to include evening, weekend.
- Physical Effort: Light to moderate work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Hazards: Employee is subject to inside conditions with occasional outside conditions as required.
Special Conditions or Requirements:
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background and Motor Vehicles check.
- Must consent to drug testing consistent with Louisa County’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must maintain a driving record consistent with insurance industry standards in order to drive a County vehicle.
- Twelve (12) month probationary period.
This information is of a general nature and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of each and every duty. This position is also responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
EEO/Revised November 2023