Radio Sales Representative
Why Work for Us: Piedmont Communications, Inc. (WJMA/WOJL Radio)
We believe that our industry is changing, and we strive for our business to be in the forefront of that growth, and a nucleus for business solutions and strategic marketing. We do not want just ‘sales reps’ – we want Sales Professionals. We provide you with the tools, client lists and collaborative training where you can succeed and get paid well for it. Our small but high quality sales staff have the autonomy to develop client relationships, engage on behalf of our radio stations, lead and work collectively on projects, participate in strategy that ultimately allow them to be responsible for both their own and our stations growth. Our distinctive listener and client-focused, locally owned broadcasting model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer each person the opportunity to succeed. This means that we can attract, engage and retain the best broadcasting and sales talent in our multi-county coverage area.
Piedmont Communications, Inc owns radio stations WJMA-FM, WCVC-AM, WOJL-SAM FM and WCVA-AM and serves the entire central Virginia region, from Charlottesville to Gainesville, and Short Pump to Crozet.
- Design, manage and implement marketing strategies and radio advertising campaigns
- Creating proposals, presentations, and marketing materials for in person and online
- Serving as main point of contact with prospects and clients for the radio stations
- Scheduling meetings with clients and/or making presentations to clients
- Coordinating events for clients and executing marketing campaigns
- Writing creative copy, assist with website design and coordinate a team marketing effort
- Other special and seasonal marketing projects as assigned
- Minimum 1-year of previous sales or marketing experience
- Ability to work remotely, organize daily schedule, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem solving and attention to detail
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required (ongoing sales training available)
Too apply please send resume with cover letter to Sales Manager Tina Hancock: Thancock@wjmafm.com , or mail to P.O. Box 271, Orange, VA 22960. Or for more information call her at (540) 672.1000.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Piedmont Communications, Inc. practices as an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service, commitment and integrity.