Quadtank Competition Deadline Oct. 11
The Quad Tank Pitch Competition is a part of the Quad County Business Summit that will take place on Wednesday, October 20th, 2021. If more than 4 entries are received, a pre-qualifying virtual pitch round will occur on October 13th at 4:00 p.m. and October 14th at 9:00 a.m. Finalist will present in-front of a live audience and panel of judges on October 20, 2021.
Teams or individuals must:
1. Be residents, owners of an existing business, or planning to open a business in Greene, Orange, Madison, Louisa, or Fluvanna counties;
2. submit a business plan or pitch deck, via email to: QuadTank@cvsbdc.org no later than noon, October 11th, 2021.
All prize money must be applied to the pitched business idea. A compliance agreement will be required to claim winnings.
We recommend applicants schedule a meeting with a Central Virginia Small Business Development Center Advisor early for business plan and pitch deck frameworks and pitch polishing.
1) Participating individuals or teams submit a business plan or pitch deck no later than 12:00 pm, October 11th to QuadTank@cvsbdc.org.
2) Participants will be notified if there are more than 4 qualified entries. If notified, there will be a Pre-qualification Pitch rounds on Oct. 13th & Oct. 14th (flexible pitch times will be offered in 15 min increments starting at 9 am on Oct. 13th & 4 pm on Oct. 14th). Pitches will be virtual, via zoom. [If online connectivity is an issue zoom may be accessed by mobile device or we can provide a location in your county for you to make your pitch.]
3) Finalists (up to 4) will be invited to present at Quad Tank on October 20th at 11:00 am. Final pitch presentations must be submitted electronically to QuadTank@cvsbdc.org by midnight on October 18th.
Participants will be allotted a maximum of ten (10) minutes to pitch their idea or concept and five (5) minutes for Q&A with the judges. Participants will be able to use PowerPoint, Canva, GoogleSlides or other visual aids, or props during their pitch.
There will be one (1) grand prize winner of up $5,000 (five-thousand dollars), based on sponsorships collected. The cash prize will go to the top pitch presenter or team, as determined by the Quad-Tank judges, to enable them to move forward with their concept. The cash prize will be awarded for the entire team, not for individual team members. Prize money may be subject to tax implications, please seek guidance from a tax law professional.
CONFIDENTIALITY & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Do not share any information deemed confidential. QuadTank is open to participants; therefore, no confidentiality is provided or implied.