Save the Date: Microbusiness Marketing Leverage Program Grant opens August 4, 2022
The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) is offering a reimbursable grant program to assist small tourism-related businesses and to bolster non-peak seasonal visitation. The grant application period opens Aug. 4, 2022, with applications on Sept. 20, 2022.
Eligible applicants should be tourism-related businesses that have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and can include, but are not limited to: boutique retails shops, food trucks, attractions, craft breweries, distilleries, wineries, boutique lodging and B&Bs, outfitters, and events and festivals focused on attracting visitors during low visitation times.
Examples of marketing expenses that are eligible include, but are not limited to: digital advertising, social media boosts and sponsored ads, print advertising, hiring photographers and videographers, rack card printing and placement costs at Virginia Welcome Centers and Safety Rest Areas, display and promotional materials for trade shows and events.
Components of the grant program include:
- Who is eligible: Small tourism-related business with 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees that can include but are not limited to: boutique retail, restaurants, food trucks, small attractions, craft breweries, distilleries, wineries, boutique lodging and B&Bs, outfitters and events/festivals focused on non-peak seasonal visitation.
- Additional eligibility: Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs), and groups such as Planning District Commissions, Economic Development Authorities (EDA’s) and Main Street organizations.
- Application Requirements: A targeted and research-based marketing plan that demonstrates how applicants will use the grant money for marketing and promotions to fulfill the purposes of the grant program.
- Match Requirement: 1:1 cash or in-kind marketing match.
- Maximum Award: $5,000
- Application Period: Opens: August 4, 2022. Closes: September 20, 2022.
- How to Apply: www.vatc.org/grants
For information and questions, please contact VTCMLPGrant@virginia.org