WomensNet founded the “Amber Grant” in 1998. The grant was set up with one goal in mind: to honor the memory of a very special young woman, Amber Wigdahl, who died at just 19 years old — before realizing her business dreams.
Today, WomensNet carries on that tradition, proudly giving away at least $30,000 every month in Amber Grant money. In recognition of the diversity of businesses owned by women, we’ve also expanded our grant-giving to include “Marketing Grants,” “Business Category Grants,” as well as two “$25,000 Year End Grants.” View a full list of Grants »
How Do I Apply For an Amber Grant?
Applying is simple. Just take a few minutes to tell us about yourself and your business dream. No long, complicated forms to fill out. Submitting one application makes you instantly eligible for all grants related to your business. We announce the grant winners by the 23rd of the following month. View Application »
How the Amber Grant Works
- Apply right now by telling us your story. No lengthy, complicated forms.
- Our Judges pick two $10,000 Amber Grant winners each month.
- Two of our 24 monthly winners will be awarded our $25,000 Amber Grant at the end of the year.
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for an Amber Grant?
Businesses should be at least 50% women-owned for consideration. The business must be based in either the U.S. or Canada. And the applicant must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Yes, non-profits are eligible.
Our monthly deadline for submission is 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the last day of each month. Applications submitted after that will be eligible for the following month’s grant.
What criteria do you use to select a grant winner?
1. Your story. We’re looking for qualities like passion, business savvy, and vision. Women who believe in what they’re doing tend to make us believers, too.
2. Plans for growing/starting your business. We’re not looking for a formal business plan. Just some explanation of how you’ll achieve business success. It might include some mention of your market, your team, the things you’ve overcome so far, and the challenges you still face.
3. Plans for the grant money. Tell us how you would invest the money if you won. Be as detailed as you can.
You can view application tips here as well as sample feedback on many applications on our blog.
Related Links : https://ambergrantsforwomen.com/all-grants/