The Global Launchpad
Thursday, May 18, 2023 (12:45 PM - 5:15 PM) (EDT)
Virginia SBDC’s International Business Development (IBD) Program evaluates startups for export potential and assists startups and existing businesses to compete globally via one-on-one technical assistance and connection to state, national and international resources.
Recognizing these specific opportunities and challenges for technology enabled startups, the Virginia SBDC is convening a one-day event in Charlottesville, VA that will bring experts and successful global startups to share their experience entering foreign markets.
- Highlight startups that have had success in global markets.
- Provide compliance training for early stage companies to understand when and how export controls might impact their business.
- Host IP and trademark filing training for startups with a focus on how to mitigate costs and prioritize markets for IP protection.
- Present information on the proper storage and handling of data in foreign markets with a focus on the European Union.
- Introduce the taxpayer-funded resources available to companies for global expansion.
- Remarks from Antwaun Griffin, Head of Socially Responsible Purchasing, Amazon Business
- Securing Intellectual Property Rights in Foreign Markets
- Top Regulatory Compliance Issues for STEM Exporters
- Proper Data Handling Under GDPR
- Ample opportunities for networking with panelists, resource providers, and the startup community, culminating with a closing reception featuring hors d'oeuvres and Virginia craft beverages
225 W Water St
Charlottesville, VA 22902 United States
Chamber of Commerce
Seminar, Workshop, Training