HOMETOWN HOLIDAY SUPPORTS LOCAL BUSINESSES & MAKES FINDING THIS SEASON’S DEALS & EVENTS EASY
LOUISA, VIRGINIA – Now through December 31, Louisa County residents are encouraged to shop and explore the community through a “Hometown Holiday” campaign. Hometown Holiday – representing a collaboration between Louisa County Parks, Recreation & Tourism and the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce – utilizes the recently launched Visit Louisa mobile app to make this season’s special offers and local events easy to find. Not only will residents be able to use the Visit Louisa app for gift ideas and to plan outings, users will also be able to enter weekly prize drawings.
Residents may collect a code from each participating location to enter into the Visit Louisa app. While they will only receive one code from each location, they can collect multiple codes per week to enter multiple times into the weekly drawing. Weekly drawings will be held live on Facebook at 3pm on Fridays.
“We’re excited to partner with the Chamber and local businesses to create a win-win relationship for our community,” said Director of Louisa County Parks, Recreation & Tourism James Smith. “We are developing more features for residents in the Visit Louisa app, and we believe Hometown Holiday is a great way to introduce Louisa County to this new tool for finding things to do and unique gifts without having to travel far.”
The list of events and businesses will grow throughout the season. Some of the holiday activities currently featured are:
- 11th Annual Louisa Christmas Tree Lighting, Friday, December 2nd at 6pm on the Louisa Courthouse Lawn. In addition to viewing the lighting of the tree, attendees can enjoy musical performances, decorate ornaments, and sing carols.
- 2022 Louisa Christmas Festival & Parade, Saturday, December 3rd in the Town of Louisa. The craft festival portion of the event will run from 10am - 3pm at the Louisa Fireman’s Fairgrounds, and the parade will begin at noon. The parade route has changed this year and will begin at the intersection of Rosewood Avenue and Main Street and end at the intersection of Main Street and Cutler Avenue. Participants are encouraged to park at the Fairgrounds.
- KT-Jean Boutique, Specials for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday
- Fifty-Third Winery and Vineyard, Special offers including Giving Tuesday donations to VFW Post #8947
- Lake Anna Spa, Lake Anna Wellness Studio and Mineral Health and Wellness, Promotions on gifts of well-being and self-care
Louisa County residents can download the Visit Louisa app on Google Play or the App Store, then find Hometown Holiday through the Experience tab. For those wishing to use a desktop computer, VisitLouisa.com also allows users to plan holiday stops.
“We are thrilled to be partners with Louisa County Parks, Recreation & Tourism to support local business,” states Tracy Hale Clark, Executive Director Louisa County Chamber of Commerce. “Working together as a community to support our local business community is critical during this time of year. The Visit Louisa app makes it so easy to shop & explore Louisa first!”
Businesses and events may participate in Hometown Holiday for free by signing up at lovelouisa.org. Businesses do not need to be a member of the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce to participate. By joining this campaign, participants will share the benefit of Hometown Holiday being promoted on several platforms. Out-of-the-box thinking is encouraged to help provide unique gift ideas.
Questions about the Visit Louisa mobile app should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about business participation should be directed to email@example.com.