Leadership Louisa with special guest Doug Straley, Superintendent of Louisa County Public Schools
Leadership Louisa 2023, a leadership program of the Louisa Forward Foundation, the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce and presenting sponsor Rappahannock Electric Cooperative, kicked off in January with a lesson on values-based leadership, led by Innerwill Leadership Institute Wendy Berenson. The class focused on developing the skills and knowledge necessary to create a positive and productive organizational culture through ethical and moral values.
Values-based leadership is a style of leadership that emphasizes the importance of ethical behavior and transparent communication. Leaders who practice values-based leadership prioritize doing the right thing, and focus on promoting integrity and transparency within their organizations. By doing so, they inspire their team members to do the same, ultimately leading to a more engaged, motivated, and productive workforce.
Special guest Doug Straley, Superintendent of Louisa County Public Schools, emphasized the importance of identifying and communicating values, and aligning actions with those values. He provided an inspirational message, exemplifying how values-based leadership and creating a strong culture can and has transformed the school system.
Bo Bundrick, Director of CTE & Workforce Development for Louisa County Public Schools, arranged for the Culinary Class to provide lunch for the participants and special guests.
Class of 2023 includes:
- Kyle Barmoy, Mid Atlantic Watersports
- Michael Bickel, Bluegreen Vacations
- Candice Black, Bluegreen Vacations
- Quiana Bolling, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
- Breanna Burkhead, Louisa Police Department
- Nikki Byers, Chiles Enterprises
- Jennifer Christian, Louisa Arts Center
- Nicole Copeland, Louisa Arts Center
- Kathleen DeAngelo, Lake Anna Spa
- Philip Gould, Blue Ridge Bank
- Clifton Gregory, MassMutual
- Eric Groome, Dominion Energy
- Doug MacDonald, Mid Atlantic Dock Builders
- Jon Nafziger, Child Health Partnership
- Corey Noel, Chiles Enterprise
- Rodney Redd, Louisa County Public Schools
- April Thompson, Shenandoah Crossing Resort
- Bodi Wallace, H2O Disaster Services
- Emma Wood, Lake Anna Tractor & Hardware