REC Closes Lobbies, Encourages Members to Use Remote Payment Options
- · Power Outage Reporting:
- Call 1-800-552-3904 and report a power outage using our automated phone system
- Visit myrec.coop/out, use MyREC SmartHub online or the mobile app to report your outage online
- · Payment Extensions:
- Request a payment extension online using MyREC SmartHub or to discuss payment extension options call 1-800-552-3904
- As a reminder we will not disconnect members for nonpayment or charge fees related to nonpayment during this state of emergency.
- · Bill Payment:
- We encourage everyone to practice social distancing and utilize any of REC’s convenient electronic payment options, such as MyREC SmartHub. Other payment choices can be found online at www.myrec.coop/paymentchoices. If you must make a payment in person, we recommend using the kiosks located at each office or one of the approved Western Union or Money Gram locations.
The Cooperative remains a 24-hour operation with employees on-site and on-call to provide reliable electric service. Hollins added, “We are closely monitoring this quickly evolving situation. REC will take prudent actions as may be necessary to protect and continue serving our communities. This includes limiting the exposure of our employees and their families.”
REC provides electric service to over 170,000 connections in parts of 22 Virginia counties. With its general office in Fredericksburg, Va., the Cooperative operates and maintains more than 17,000 miles of power lines through its service area, which ranges from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. For more information about REC, please visit www.myrec.coop. Follow REC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.