(Charlottesville, Va.) – The Virginia Department of Health’s Thomas Jefferson Health District (TJHD) will host a live, virtual COVIDconvo Town Hall on Friday, April 24, 2020 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. TJHD is hosting this town hall to provide answers to commonly asked questions regarding local COVID-19 cases and investigations, and to provide an open forum for other community questions.
Information about how to view TJHD’s COVIDconvo Town Hall on April 24th at 3:00 p.m. is available at www.charlottesville.org/zoom and includes the following viewing options:
- Stream live on the City of Charlottesville’s website, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Stream live on TJHD’s Facebook.
- Join the Zoom webinar which allows full participation from your computer or smartphone (write questions to the host, raise your hand and ask a question on the broadcast). Please register in advance for the Zoom webinar.
· Community members can submit questions in advance on this form by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24th.
· We will only accept live questions that are submitted on the Zoom webinar during the Town Hall. Register in advance for the Zoom webinar.
TJHD is hosting this in partnership with the Charlottesville-UVA-Albemarle Emergency Operations Center, Sentara Martha Jefferson, The Women's Initiative, and Charlottesville Police Department. The Town Hall will feature the following experts:
- Dr. Denise Bonds, MPH, VDH TJHD Medical Director
- Dr. Keri Hall, Sentara Martha Jefferson Infectious Disease Specialist
- RaShall Brackney, Charlottesville Police Chief
- Elizabeth Irvin, LCSW, The Women’s Initiative Executive Director
- Kathryn Goodman, MPH, CHES, VDH TJHD Public Relations and Communications Manager (Moderator)
For more information about the COVIDconvo Town Hall, please visit www.charlottesville.org/zoom.
For general questions about COVID-19, community members may call the TJHD COVID-19 Hotline at 434-972-6261 or visit TJHD’s Facebook and Twitter pages or www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus.